The Association is the representative organisation for the UK rice sector. Its main aim is to promote the interests of members in all matters pertaining to the import, preparation, processing, packaging and marketing of rice.
The operational objectives of the Association are:
- To increase the awareness of and promote the consumption of all types of rice in the UK
- To secure the removal of impediments and anomalies in European Community legislation creating distortions in the UK rice trade.
- To secure the continued improvement in the quality of rice supplied to the UK and encourage the development of rice varieties suited to UK consumers' requirements.
- To harmonise and set the quality and technical standards for the industry.
- To convey the views of the Association to others who have direct or indirect involvement in the rice world, whether nationally, at EU level or overseas.