Lam chilli con carne
A family favourite guaranteed to bring comfort and warmth to whoever you serve it to. Always a winner
Rice type: Basmati rice
Servings: Serves 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 springs of rosemary chopped
• 1 large white onion chopped
• ½ red pepper diced
• ½ orange pepper diced
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
• 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder (or to taste)
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 500g lean lamb mince
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 400g can red kidney beans
• soured cream & guacamole, to serve
• 240g wholegrain basmati rice
Heat oil in pan and add the chopped onions followed by chopped rosemary until the rosemary releases its oils about 2-3 mins.
Add the garlic peppers and followed by the mince lamb. Cook the meat out until its separate approx. 10 mins
Then add the red kidney beans followed by the tomatoes, cumin, chilli powder and cook for 15 mins until bubbling.
For the rice cook 240g of wholegrain basmati as per pack instructions.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream.