A delicious 'jumbled' rice recipe of colourful peppers, tender chicken, spicy sausage chunks and tasty rice. Gluten and dairy free.
Rice type: Basmati rice
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
• 1 tray cooked basmati rice (we used VeeTee)
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 250g chorizo sausage, cubed
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
• 100ml chicken stock or water
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and chorizo sausage, cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the chicken and garlic. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken has been cooked through
Stir in the green pepper and chilli, heat for 2-3 minutes.
Mix in the cajun seasoning, water and stir through.
Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes or until the rice has been heated through and the water has evaporated. Serve immediately.